Coming out as LGBTIQ+ :
Sexual and gender minorities no longer desire to be in the closet, and the majority of them start coming out in societies with high standards of social decency and culture.
For instance, well-known footballer and member of the Czech Republic National Team Jakub Yankto revealed in a tweet about his true sexual orientation, declaring that he is gay and does not wish to hide any longer.
Risks associated with coming out include media pressure and social stigma. However, its advantages and positive sides are beneficial for living a better life.
SOME BENEFITS OF COMING OUT:
- The Ability to live honestly.
- Building self-esteem.
- Developing closer, more genuine relationships with friends and family.
- Alleviating the stress of hiding one’s identity.
- Connecting with other LGBTQ+ people.
- Being a part of a community with whom you have things in common.
- Helping to dispel myths and stereotypes by speaking about one’s own experiences and educating others.
- Becoming a role model for others.